Thursday, September 18, 2008
tis been awhile, but a lot has been happening.since i couldn't forget about the free meal at "Western" (as how the boy calls it even though there's totally nothing western there -.-" ), on the first day of Ramadan (which I had totally forgot to blog about) I went there with 3 hungry girls on Monday again, to relive the joyous moments of eating butter sotong. =DAnyway, pertaining to the free meal, it was because the boy's distant frielative (friend/relative) happened to be there to break fast too, and all we exchanged was the basic hi's and all. And the next thing we knew, while the boy were still happily munching on our stir-fried sliced beef with ginger and spring onion, butter sotong and seafood soup like savage pigs, his frielative came up to us and say, don't worry, the bill's settled. Then he left. Yes it was embarrasing cos he wasn't that close to his frielative, but then again. FREE MEAL! WOOHOO! (and it was really really good too. what a plus.)Okay, so back to where I was, I couldn't get the savoury memories of good food out of my head; so what an opportunity it was when Debbie, Fatin and Liyanah joined me to pig in again on Monday the other day. Woohoo. I really enjoy these one-off semi-spontaneous events with girlfriends because I like how we talk about the future in an intellectual way, sharing more or less the same sentiments, but at the same time good enough to joke around without being too slapstick like how guys do it. Maybe what I've just said doesn't exactly sound right, but sometimes, there's just a need to be with girls.Err. Don't mind if I sidetrack a little. (as if I haven't done it often enough already), but I just got this sms from the boy. Which I think is amusing.
"ey b i saw face muka btl2 mcm u yg..bt ur future face la if u reach umur early 30s yg.."
Sheesh. -_-"
How bloody random. Haha
So there we were, far from feeling satiated, and Debbie was off to get her car, while we settled the bill with the cheey abang who I assumed has a thing for Liyanah. ;) And once we got into the car, suddenly one big burly indian guy (whom we all could've sworn, could tell if it was a guy/girl at first) came knocking on Deb's window and demanded that we pay up. Wtf for?For our measly lemon tee. -_-"Wtf.All the happiness of eating Sweet n Sour firsh, Tom Yam, Chap Chye (sp?), and Butter Sotong for only $26 and we didn't know we weren't charged for the drinks as well.And natually, there was a sense of panic in the little Mini of Debbie's and since he showed us four fingers, we paid $4.Then again, burly girlboy tapped on the window which Debbie had already wound up, and said "eh 2 more dollars!"Relek ah bang.Rupa-rupanye $6 for FOUR drinks. Cakap la bodoh. Aku slice off tu man boobs baru tau.By this time of course, the whole kedai was already looking at us, including cheesy abang who was definitely enjoying the whole embarrasing scene. The others must've thought that we didn't pay up, and it was extra embarrasing for Deb, cos she was the owner of a Mini Cooper, and people think we didn't pay. And it made us look really sengkek. But it was funny anyway.But here and now, I've been given 2days of MC and I've been cooped up at home since yesterday. And it is very unlike me to be at home, even with an MC and a flu for me lasts only for like 10minutes, where I start sneezing fits, and my nose gets clogged up and it clears automatically.But with two days of MC and me religiously staying at home, it means only one thing. Stomach issues.Yes I've been down with Stomach flu. No wonder, I didn't even feel hungry at all on Tuesday when it was nearing buka, and I felt like I'd lost all my energy. And all I ate for that day was a bag of chips and as soon as I was home, I was flat with fever til the next morning, and then all the tummy issues kicked in. :(I'm such a loser when it comes to the stomach. And so, I haven't been eating much.But every cloud has a silver lining. So I'm hoping I've lost some pounds. =DOk bye.PS, i haven't found the time to look for raya shoes and bag. Sad. Time seems to fly pretty quickly this Ramadan, no? Labels: whirlwind-ing til you're sick
X O X O; 4:54 pm